South Africa’s AB De Villiers’ gossips with the South Africa Cricket Board have concluded ‘once and for all’ retirement for Mr. 360 due to which he will not be seen playing any form of cricket for the country. Although the cricketer denounced refuge from all forms of the game back in 2018 but there some discussions regarding his participation in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
According to reliable sources, De Villiers was in contact with SA’s coach Mark Boucher as the duo discussed his return to the national squad to don SA jersey in the world’s event. It was speculated that the board might grant him an opportunity but the recent discussions have closed the chapter of AB’s comeback.
Earlier, the SA batter revealed that Boucher had asked him last year to return. He was conversing with Graeme Smith and the head coach regarding his comeback to the squad. He said,
“We have been talking about it. Already last year he asked me if I would be interested and I said ‘absolutely’,”
CSA posted that, “AB de Villiers finalizes international retirement. Discussions with AB de Villiers have concluded with the batsman deciding once and for all, that his retirement will remain final.”
Will AB De Villiers play the ICC T20 World Cup 2021?
AB de Villiers finalises international retirement.
Discussions with AB de Villiers have concluded with the batsman deciding once and for all, that his retirement will remain final. pic.twitter.com/D3UDmaDAS2
— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) May 18, 2021
- SMI vs MAR Live Score, ECS Sweden, Stockholm, 2022 Live Score, SMI vs MAR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- STT vs UME Live Score, ECS Sweden, Stockholm, 2022 Live Score, STT vs UME Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KET vs SOM Live Score, English T20 Blast 2022 Live Score, KET vs SOM Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- YOR vs WOR Live Score, English T20 Blast 2022 Live Score, YOR vs WOR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Pakistan current political situation put Pak vs WI series in danger