Australian pacer, Josh Hazlewood, has been ruled out of second test of the Ashes 2021-22 series to nurse the side strain he suffered during the team’s nine-wicket win at Gabba, Brisbane against England.
According to reliable reports, the young paceman with probable all-rounding skills, Jhye Richardson has been named to the squad as his replacement.
His injury got limelight when he under bowled during Day 3 of the first test, however, one of his mates reported that Josh was totally fine. The 30-year-old has flown back to Sydney.
Team Australia will certainly miss Josh’s services but at the same time, the 25-year-old Richardson can have a brilliant opportunity to prove his worth getting a chance to play the first test since 2019. Notably, he played a debut test versus Sri Lanka and grabbed six wickets in two tests at an average of 20.50.
Pat Cummins, who has put up a great start to his red-ball captaincy career with a 1-0 lead in the Ashes 2021-22, says,
“I think we’ll wait until he wakes up in the morning. I think a key is we don’t want to put him in jeopardy for the whole series so we’ll take our time. He had a scan last night so we will kind of work through that. He bowled today but no plan yet, sleep on it, see how he pulls up tomorrow.”
— Fox Cricket (@FoxCricket) December 12, 2021
Also, if David Warner’s rib injury will pull him out of the second test match, there are chances that Usman Khawaja will replace the opening batter.
Notably, the second test will be underway at the Adelaide Oval from 16th December 2021.
- BT vs NYS Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, BT vs NYS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- MIS vs KBR Live Score, Trinbago T10 Blast 2023 Live Score, MIS vs KBR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- SPH vs BAD Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, SPH vs BAD Live Score Updates,
- TAD vs CB Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, TAD vs CB Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BAD vs CRD Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, BAD vs CRD Live Score Updates,