- Australian cricketer Lauren Cheatle’s career is in jeopardy as she battles skin cancer, leading to her withdrawal from the domestic season and WPL 2024.
- Cheatle, who recently underwent a medical procedure for the removal of cancer on her neck, had faced a similar issue in 2021.
- Despite her signing with the Gujarat Giants for WPL 2024, Cheatle will miss the tournament, and her participation in the upcoming Test against South Africa remains uncertain.
Australian cricketer Lauren Cheatle’s career faces uncertainty as she battles cancer, leading to her exclusion from the remainder of the domestic season and the Women’s Premier League (WPL 2024).
Cheatle recently underwent a medical procedure for the removal of skin cancer on her neck, a recurrence of the same issue she faced in 2021. Despite being signed by the Gujarat Giants for WPL 2024, Cheatle will not participate in the tournament.
Having represented the Sydney Sixers in the Big Bash League 2024, where she claimed an impressive 21 wickets from 14 games, the bowler’s absence is a significant blow to both her domestic and WPL campaigns. The young cricketer, known for her pace and skills, had faced challenges in the past, including a fourth shoulder reconstruction and a previous cancer scare.
Cricket New South Wales issued a statement, revealing her exclusion from the remaining matches of the Women’s National Cricket League (WNCL) for New South Wales. However, they expressed optimism about her return to training after the players’ scheduled off-season break.
Cheatle, in a statement last November, shared her determination to overcome challenges:
“My body’s been through a lot, and I’ve been through that journey, but I’m super excited to get that call to head over to India. (The) fourth shoulder (reconstruction) was pretty difficult and also the cancer scare. I feel like that came out of nowhere and really readjusted the way I thought about injuries and recovery. That was a really scary point in my career, one I never thought I’d face … it’s one that will never go away.”
The unfortunate development may also rule the pacer out of the upcoming Test against South Africa scheduled for this month in February, adding to the uncertainty surrounding her cricketing future. The cricket community sends its support and hopes for a swift recovery for Lauren Cheatle.
- KRM vs OSM Live Score, KCC T20 Challengers Cup 2024 Live Score, KRM vs OSM Live Score Updates
- Fans raise questions for not letting Sikandar Raza bowl
- DDD vs DCS Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2024 Live Score, DDD vs DCS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- LAH vs PES Live Score, PSL 2024 Live Score, LAH vs PES Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- From hero to zero? The downfall of Haris Rauf