There is a mini list of players making it straight to the ICC or ACC tournaments after featuring in a few domestic, international matches. Pakistan’s Azam Khan is one of them who has got his hype because of his father, Moin Khan, who is a renowned former wicketkeeping batsman.
Azam, 23-year-old, has don green jersey in two T20I innings yet. The player has a much truncated domestic career playing only a single First-class game alongside 10 innings of List-A cricket.
Although he carries a decent record in T20s of playing 48 innings with 982 runs at an average of 22.83, but it does not justify his selection straight away in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) named a 15-player squad for the big event alongside three reserves and Azam is one among them. He is also listed among a few from the crew whose selection has not even been justified by the chief selector.
Not a few, but many believe that he has paved his way in the national fold, and now directly at the massive level, just because he is the son of renowned Moin Khan.
Probably, Azam’s selection in the crew cannot be justified on merit as the board dropped experienced, second-choice wicketkeeping batsman, Sarfaraz Ahmed with a long list of accomplishments for the team.
Here are a few of the fuming tweets by the fans on Azam’s selection:
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket