Pakistani captain Babar Azam has pulled himself out of The Hundred, a reliable source confirmed. The batter was placed among the most expensive players in the draft.
The source stated Azam could have participated in the tournament since the franchises were looking to pick him in the draft, however, he decided to focus on the cricket-packed national schedule.
Why Babar Azam has decided to back off from The Hundred?
The news also revealed that the skipper has not registered for No-Objection Certificate which means he is not interested to take part in the tournament.
“Babar Azam never applied for the NOC for the English summer-that means he is not interested despite being one of the few overseas who are bracketed among the top category.
He could have walked easily in any team as every English county was looking forward to luring him. Yet he preferred to stay away from hectic commitments more in order to concentrate fully on the national summer commitment,”
As per the schedule released by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), the national team has three ODIs against the West Indies from 8-12 June plus tours of Sri Lanka (two Tests, three ODIs) and Netherlands (ODIs) and Sri Lanka (ACC Asia Cup T20).
Azam was placed along with the likes of Chris Gayle, Mitchell Marsh, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Nicholas Pooran, David Warner, and Tabraiz Shamsi who are also named the most expensive players in The Hundred draft.
- Reviving Best of Shoaib Malik on his 41st Birthday
- EMI vs GUL Live Score, International League T20 2023 Live Score, EMI vs GUL Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- GZZ vs BBL Live Score, ECS T10 Malta Live Score, GZZ vs BBL Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- SA vs ENG Live Score, South Africa vs England ODI Live Score, SA vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Zalmi appoints Kamran Akmal as head coach