On Sunday, Pakistan’s Babar Azam surpassed India‘s Virat Kohli to become the fastest to 2000+ T20I runs. Playing the deciding T20I versus Zimbabwe, the green’s skipper slammed a half-century to achieve the feat.
Kohli had taken 56 innings to pass 2000 T20I runs whereas, Babar managed to do it in only 52 innings. The ranked number one ODI batsman in the fourth Pakistani to achieve the feat after Bismah Maroof, Shoaib Malik, and Mohammad Hafeez.
Other than this, he is eleventh from the world as he joined the limited list having 2035 runs at an average of 47.3 with an SR of 129.7.
Babar Azam surpasses Virat Kohli to register a T20I record
Also, he is the player to have second-most runs in 11 consecutive T20I innings. Although he was the first player to owe most runs in 11 consecutive T20I innings, Virat Kohli ranked after him. Mohammad Rizwan joined the list on the top, so Babar and Kohli have slid down to second, third position sequentially.
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket