Sri Lanka’s political and economic crisis have caused people in each depart, also depriving cricket fans of quality cricket action on the home ground in the upcoming months. If the reports surrounding are true, Asia Cup 2022 is likely to be shifted to the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Reportedly, the relevant authorities held a meeting with the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) in regard. However, SLC is ready to embrace the event in the country, but some uncertainties might further cost them. The CEO of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Faisal Hasnain, also stated that Pakistan wants Sri Lanka to host Asia Cup so the country’s financial disturbance somehow can be settled.
As if it was not enough, Lanka Premier League (LPL 2022) has also been postponed due to the same reason. Even if the country’s situation was fair, there were fewer chances for the LPL 2022 to get underway amidst the low funding. Since the league’s inceptions, things have not been falling in their favour since two of the five teams’ owners returning.
SLC has been trying its best. Recently, Australia’s tour of Sri Lanka 2022 turned out to be fruitful as the island nation successfully hosted the Kangaroos for a three-match t20I series, five ODIs, and two tests. Currently, Pakistan Cricket Team is on its tour of Sri Lanka for two tests.
Concerning LLC, the board narrated,
“This decision was taken by the SLC, following a request made by the Innovative Production Group FZE (IPG), the rights-holder of the tournament, which cited the current ‘economic situation,’ in the country, as not conducive to hosting the tournament,”
- ALH vs DR Live Score, KCC T20 Elite Championship Live Score, ALH vs DR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- FM vs SVD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, FM vs SVD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- GZZ vs SWU Live Score, ECS T10 Malta Live Score, GZZ vs SWU Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Under Fire for Verbal Outburst in Quetta Gladiators Match
- How PSL shaped careers? PSL stars opened up