Young Pakistani bowler Naseem Shah was expelled from Pakistan vs England 5th T20I as he was taken to hospital immediately after catching a high fever. The situation has worsened as the pacer has been diagnosed with pneumonia.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), on Wednesday, released a statement according to which, Naseem’s illness has got even more severe. With the T20 World Cup 2022 getting an inch closer every day, it is indeed a big blow to Pakistan Cricket Team.
Over the months, he has proved himself as a crucial asset for the men in green. In Asia Cup 2022, the lad proved his worth, giving match-winning performances even with the bat when needed. If the time for him to recover extends, Pakistan Cricket Team will kick start its World Cup journey without Naseem’s services.
Currently, the PCB’s medical team is assessing Naseem at the hospital. He will spend a night there for better care and treatment. Moreover, if or not he will fly to New Zealand for the tri-series including Bangladesh and New Zealand depends on his recovery.
A statement reads,
“Naseem Shah’s participation in the upcoming matches and departure to New Zealand with the squad will be decided after seeing his medical reports,”
As far as the ongoing Pak vs Eng seven-match T20I is concerned, the bowler played only the series opener on 20th September in Karachi. He failed to show diligence performances, conceding 41 runs from four overs.
- SLG vs ETR Live Score, ECS T10 Gibraltar 2023 Live Score, SLG vs ETR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KWN vs DDD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, KWN vs DDD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PRE vs CT Live Score, SA T20 League 2023 Live Score, PRE vs CT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Decision on Asia Cup 2023 delayed
- Twitter trends as Shahid Afridi once again relive Boom Boom moments with bat