Captain Chris Lynn is to miss the next six games of the Big Bash League (BBL 2020-21) from the sixteenth game of the league as the Brisbane Heat will be locking the horns with the Hobart Hurricanes on Sunday.
The team welcomes English batsman Lewis Gregory who is chosen as Lynn’s replacement for the next six matches. Lynn’s hamstring injury has given a huge blow to the team as the side was already going winless.
Heat’s skipper has been the leading run-scorer for his side for the past two years and is known as the most devastating hitter in the league. The hamstrings scans before Christmas have almost sidelined him from the squad until his team’s clash against Renegades in Melbourne on 14th January due to the lower grade strain.
BBL 2020-21: Chris Lynn to miss the next six games
It is another disastrous blow for the side as the hard-hitter already refrained before the eve of the tournament because of bubble-fatigue. Jimmy Pierson, who will be leading the side in Lynn’s absence, backed the players.
“He’s our best player, no doubt about it, but we’ve got enough personnel to get the job done,” Peirson said.
“We’ll click. It’s funny, sometimes when your best player goes out you have to make the most of what you’ve got, and that can bring a team together.
“I believe that this team can do that. Obviously, we’re going to miss his leadership and what he can do out there as well, but we have to move on – we haven’t got time to dwell; we’ve got five games in quick succession, so we’ll get ourselves together, regroup … and I’m backing us to win some games.”
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket