Table of Contents
- Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh Stadium in Raipur faced a power outage during the fourth T20I between Australia and India due to an unpaid bill since 2009.
- Despite a temporary connection covering only the fans’ gallery, organizers used generators to power floodlights and ensure the match’s continuity.
- The incident highlighted the ongoing challenges with the stadium’s electricity supply, dating back to a similar issue in 2018 during a half marathon event.
The Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh Stadium in Raipur found itself in the spotlight as it hosted the fourth T20I clash between Australia and India. However, the excitement on the field was accompanied by an unexpected challenge as the stadium encountered a power outage during the match. Reports from Indian media revealed that a pending bill dating back to 2009, amounting to INR 3.16 crore, had led to this disruption.
To address the immediate issue, the Chhattisgarh State Cricket Association (CSCA) sought a temporary connection. Despite this effort, the temporary connection could only cover the fans’ gallery, leaving the entire ground without power with only a few hours left in the match. In a quick response, the organizers decided to power the floodlights with generators to ensure the match continued uninterrupted.
Raipur Stadium earlier face a similar incident
Ashok Khandelwal, the Raipur Rural Circle in-charge, confirmed that the CSCA Secretary had applied to increase the temporary connection’s capacity from 200KV to 1000KV. However, the upgrade process had yet to commence at the time of the incident. This situation echoed a similar power outage issue in 2018 during a half marathon event, where athletes realized the absence of electricity due to unpaid bills dating back to 2009.
Tarunesh Singh Parihar, the media coordinator of CSCA, acknowledged the outstanding bill related to the stadium lights. He mentioned, “As far as the stadium lights are concerned, I don’t know how much the outstanding bill is, but a temporary connection has been taken in the name of CSCS.”
The fourth T20I between India and Australia marked the fourth match played at the venue since the power outage incident in 2018. With India leading the series 2-1 after winning the first two games and Australia securing victory in the third, the fourth T20I carried significant implications.
A win for India not only meant surpassing Pakistan’s record for the most T20I wins but also clinching the series against Australia. As the teams battled on the pitch, the off-field challenges added an unexpected layer of drama to the proceedings at the Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh Stadium.
- KRM vs OSM Live Score, KCC T20 Challengers Cup 2024 Live Score, KRM vs OSM Live Score Updates
- Fans raise questions for not letting Sikandar Raza bowl
- DDD vs DCS Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2024 Live Score, DDD vs DCS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- LAH vs PES Live Score, PSL 2024 Live Score, LAH vs PES Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- From hero to zero? The downfall of Haris Rauf