- New Zealand’s five-wicket victory over Sri Lanka complicates Pakistan’s World Cup journey.
- Pakistan face a monumental task, needing a massive win against England for a shot at the semifinal.
- As the tournament intensifies, New Zealand lead the pack, with Pakistan closely following, while Afghanistan’s chances diminish.
In a thrilling encounter at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru, New Zealand emerged victorious against Sri Lanka by five wickets during the 41st match of the ICC World Cup 2023. This significant win has further complicated Pakistan’s already challenging journey in the tournament, rendering their path to the World Cup nearly insurmountable. To keep their hopes alive, Pakistan now faces the daunting task of securing a massive victory over England in their upcoming clash at Kolkata on November 11.
The scenarios for Pakistan’s qualification are laid out based on whether they bat or bowl first against England. If Pakistan opt to bat first, they would need to outscore England by a staggering 287 runs. On the other hand, if they choose to bowl first, they must successfully chase down the target with 284 balls to spare, equivalent to just 2.4 overs.
As the World Cup reaches its crucial stages, three teams—New Zealand, Afghanistan, and Pakistan—are currently vying for the coveted semifinal spot. India, South Africa, and Australia have already secured their positions in the semifinal. Among the contenders, New Zealand hold a dominant position, followed closely by Pakistan, while Afghanistan’s chances are dwindling due to their negative net run rate (NRR).
Looking ahead, the remaining World Cup matches promise to deliver more excitement. Key matchups include South Africa vs Afghanistan at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad on November 10, and Australia vs Bangladesh at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune on November 11. The same day, the crucial clash between England and Pakistan at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, will determine the fate of these teams in the tournament.
The schedule extends to November 12, featuring India vs Netherlands at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru. The semifinals are set for November 15 and 16 at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, and Eden Gardens, Kolkata, respectively. The grand finale will take place on November 19 at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, where the winner of Semifinal 1 will face off against the winner of Semifinal 2 to claim the prestigious title. The stage is set for intense battles and unforeseen twists in the race to cricket glory.
- CSG vs SVD Live Score, CBFS T20 League 2023 Live Score, CSG vs SVD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- NW vs MSA Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, NW vs MSA Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- CRD vs SOH Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, CRD vs SOH Live Score Updates,
- KS vs ALH Live Score, Kuwait T20 Elite Cup 2023 Live Score, KS vs ALH Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PHT vs AJH Live Score, CBFS T10 League 2023 Live Score, PHT vs AJH Dream11 Prediction, Lineup