Central Punjab (CP) have beaten Southern Punjab (SP) to qualify for the final of the Quaid e Azam trophy 2020.
The thrilling victory came for CP as they spared all ten wickets in their second innings already having a take-over upon the opponents.
SP, who won the toss and elected to bowl first at State Bank Ground, could pick 7 wickets off their oppositions as CP declared on 493. Later, in the first innings of the SP, CP demolished their bowling line-up on just 187 runs leaving them for a trail.
Continuing their second innings, SP were once again bowled out on 368 making a total of 555 leaving a trail of 62 runs for Central Punjab who earlier declared in the first inning and already were left with the second innings.
Without losing a single wicket, the trailing side made 63 as Mohammad Akhlaq and Mohammad Saad contributed 38 and 25 runs on 42 and 18 balls respectively.
Quaid e Azam Trophy 2020, CP vs SP: Central Punjab qualifies for final
Notably, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have already been qualified for the final and are all set to meet CP on January 1st, 2021 at National Stadium, Karachi.
Notably, the secondary qualified side lost back-to-back matches but bounced back after the fifth round under the leader Hasan Ali.
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket