The idea of building the cricket stadium in Islamabad has been provided green signals by Prime Minister Imran Khan, the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Ramiz Raja told on Friday.
The project is likely to be completed in 2025 and will be the largest cricket stadium in the nation.
Both; Ramiz and Imran conducted a meeting and discussed fastening up the stadium construction process to get it completed by 2025.
Apart from that, in the high-profile meeting, the current status of Pakistan Cricket was discussed alongside mentioning the upcoming edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL 2022). Imran is satisfied with the team’s performance.
?? PM Imran Khan has approved construction of cricket stadium in Islamabad in a meeting with Chairman PCB Ramiz Raja. PCB has given surety of completing cricket stadium in Islamabad before 2025.
— Arfa Feroz Zake (@ArfaSays_) December 31, 2021
Earlier, Ramiz heavily criticized the condition of stadiums in Pakistan saying they are not up to the standards of international cricket. He then gave a motive to construct a top-notch cricket stadium in Islamabad, the capital city of the cricket-loving nation.
The chairperson added owning hosting rights for ICC Champions Trophy 2025 is a big achievement for the country but there is a need for a high-profile stadium to host the marquee event.
“We have submitted two applications where we have inquired for a piece of land within Islamabad. We want to create a high-tech cricket stadium from the ground up and hopefully, prepare it by 2025 for the Champions Trophy,” Ramiz said on 22nd December.
- KS vs AEC Live Score, Kuwait T20 Elite Cup 2023 Live Score, KS vs AEC Live Score Updates
- SSS vs CRD Live Score, Nature Isle T10 2023 Live Score, SSS vs CRD Live Score Updates
- BAD vs PIC Live Score, ECS T10 Spain 2023 Live Score, BAD vs PIC Live Score Updates
- ABB vs KW Live Score, Pakistan T20 Cup 2023 Live Score, ABB vs KW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- CJG vs PIC Live Score, ECS T10 Spain 2023 Live Score, CJG vs PIC Live Score Updates