Former Pakistani cricketer Danish Kaneria has called Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant ‘overweight’ and ‘bulky’. He has raised concerns over Pant’s fitness and said that issues with him are due to his weight.
In a video posted on his YouTube channel, Kaneria stated,
“Maybe because he is slightly overweight and bulky, he can’t come up that quickly, and he doesn’t have that much time. He just stays bent back and low, he doesn’t sit down properly,”
He also asked the wicket-keeping batter to take a break from cricket in order to focus on his rotten batting. The former cricketer also advised the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) to rest him and play Wriddhiman Saha instead.
“Rishabh Pant will have to improve his batting style. There is KS Bharat available and I don’t see any wrong in bringing in Wriddhiman Saha. Just give a break to Rishabh Pant,”
Notably, Pant is leading India in the five-match T20I series versus South Africa. However, his suffering form as the batter has seem him under pressure. He has scored only 57 runs in four matches at an average of 14.25.
— CricketNDTV (@CricketNDTV) June 19, 2022
Following the development, Kaneria has been under hot water as Indians have come in support of their player, slamming the Pakistani cricketer for his remarks.
- SLG vs ETR Live Score, ECS T10 Gibraltar 2023 Live Score, SLG vs ETR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KWN vs DDD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, KWN vs DDD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PRE vs CT Live Score, SA T20 League 2023 Live Score, PRE vs CT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Decision on Asia Cup 2023 delayed
- Twitter trends as Shahid Afridi once again relive Boom Boom moments with bat