Table of Contents
The managing director of the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), Ashley Giles has demanded the England players to feature themselves in the ICC Future Tour Program (FTP) matches. He says that the board will expect the presence of English IPL players as well to represent the country in FTP first.
As England are scheduled to voyage Pakistan later this year, the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) is also looking for a similar window during Eng vs Pak series in October. After winding up the series, the two teams will be flying to India to participate in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
Notably, the IPL 2021 was terminated amidst the COVID-19 cases hitting the camp and poor country’s conditions. As of now, the BCCI is planning to resume the league by the mid of September and the remaining matches will be colliding 14th-15th October, when England and Pakistan will be playing a two-match T20I series.
Will England players prefer rescheduled IPL or Pakistan tour in October?
Here are Ashley’s statements:
“We’ve got a full future tours program and if those tours are going ahead I’d expect them (IPL players) to be there,”
“We’ve got a lot of important high profile cricket including a T20 World Cup and Ashes, so we’re planning on the involvement of England players in England matches,”
- KRM vs OSM Live Score, KCC T20 Challengers Cup 2024 Live Score, KRM vs OSM Live Score Updates
- Fans raise questions for not letting Sikandar Raza bowl
- DDD vs DCS Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2024 Live Score, DDD vs DCS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- LAH vs PES Live Score, PSL 2024 Live Score, LAH vs PES Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- From hero to zero? The downfall of Haris Rauf