The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) are probable to name their T20 World Cup 2021 squad by the end of this week and the terrific all-rounder, Ben Stokes may be missed out.
The 30-year-old needed an indefinite break from all formats of the game following his mental health and recent finger fracture. Hence, the ECB being stern with their declaration of giving ‘all the time he needs’, may not consider Stokes.
However, all the teams have a free hand to add or remove players in their respective crews before the deadline – the teams are supposed to submit squads to ICC before 10th September.
Stokes was an important part of the triumphant England squad in the ICC ODI World Cup 2019. His contributions in the final vs New Zealand were also dominant hence, the chaps will miss him throughout the T20 World Cup 2021.
The event is set to take place in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman after India was not able to host teams following the COVID outbreak in their realm. Here is the complete schedule.
- Accountant by Day, BBL Champion by Night: Hobson’s Incredible Journey
- Watch: Naseem Shah Appointed Honorary DSP by Balochistan Police
- ACC Meeting to Decide Fate of Asia Cup 2023
- PCB Unveils Strategy for Upcoming Series and World Cup 2023
- MTD vs SOC Live Score, ECS T10 Malta Live Score, MTD vs SOC Dream11 Prediction, Lineup