Everyone believes that the first international cricket match was played between the arch-rivals Australia and England. The statement is right but only up to some extent as Australia vs England, when played for the first time, became the first international officially recognized test match.
As the only form of cricket match that exists earlier was the unlimited-over encounters as there were not any T20I or games. Different variations and innovations have been brought as of now.
Before this Australia vs England first international officially recognized test match, Canada and the USA have been featured in a test match that began on 24th September 1844 at St. Georges’s cricket club in New York and lasted till 26th September.
Notably, Canada vs USA was not only the first international cricket match played but also the first international match of any sport.
As ICC did not exist in 1844, hence, the game was not recognized internationally. As a consequence, later played Australia vs England is known as the first international cricket game played by most of the people as ICC was formed then.
Do you know: First international cricket match was not played between England and Australia
Scores of Canada vs USA first international cricket match:
Canada (1st innings): 82 all out
USA (first innings): 64 all out
Canada (2nd innings): 63 all out
USA (2nd innings): 58 all out.
Notably, the game was scheduled for two days but the rain interruptions dragged it to day three.
Canada vs USA first international cricket match
first international officially recognized test match
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket