- India secure a spot in the World Cup 2023 semifinal with an unbeaten 7-0 record.
- Dominant bowling display sees Sri Lanka crumble for just 55 runs in a 358-run chase.
- Stellar performances from Shami and Siraj contribute to India’s success in the tournament
India’s remarkable journey in the World Cup 2023 continued with an unbeaten record of 7 wins out of 7 matches, securing their place in the semifinal, a historic achievement. They are the only team yet to taste defeat in the tournament, reaffirming their status as formidable contenders.
Their latest victory came against Sri Lanka in a sensational match in Mumbai, where they annihilated their opponents by a whopping 302 runs. The performance was nothing short of breathtaking as they showcased their dominance. Notably, they bowled out Sri Lanka for a mere 55 runs in a target of 358, highlighting their exceptional prowess in the bowling department.
The trio of Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, and Mohammed Shami proved to be the tormentors once again for the Sri Lankan batsmen. Siraj, who had previously taken six wickets in the Asia Cup final against Sri Lanka, picked up two quick wickets in his very first over. Bumrah joined the party by dismissing Pathum Nissanka with the very first ball of the match.
The relentless pressure continued as Shami, India’s first-change bowler, added to Sri Lanka’s misery by removing Charith Asalanka and Dushan Hemantha in his opening over. Shami’s excellent form in the tournament was evident as he completed his third five-wicket haul in World Cups, securing figures of 5/18 in just 5 overs. Siraj also contributed impressively with 3 wickets for 16 runs, while Bumrah finished his spell with figures of 1/8 in 5 overs.
India’s batting performance was equally commendable as they posted a formidable total of 357/8, thanks to Shubman Gill (92), Virat Kohli (88), and Shreyas Iyer (82). The only silver lining for Sri Lanka was Dilshan Madushanka, who managed to take a five-wicket haul (5/80).
With 14 points, India now leads the tournament table and will face South Africa, a high-flying team that has also impressed, having lost only one match so far. The clash promises to be an electrifying encounter, with India’s unbeaten streak at stake and a place in the semifinal on the line.
- BT vs NYS Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, BT vs NYS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- MIS vs KBR Live Score, Trinbago T10 Blast 2023 Live Score, MIS vs KBR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- SPH vs BAD Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, SPH vs BAD Live Score Updates,
- TAD vs CB Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, TAD vs CB Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BAD vs CRD Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, BAD vs CRD Live Score Updates,