The 15th edition of the Indian Premier League is finally down and dusted after two months of thrills. With the quality cricket action coming to an end, Gujarat Titans, one of the two new IPL 2022 teams, lifted the trophy in their very first edition.
To enjoy the encounter between Rajasthan Royals and Hardik Pandya’s Titans, the enthusiast people filled the stadium to an extent breaking former records of highest attendance in any white-ball cricket match. The RR vs GT took place at Ahmedabad’s Narendra Modi Stadium and a seat was barely seen empty.
Notably, Ahmedadabd stadium has a seating capacity of 132,000 spectators whereas, around 105,000 enjoyed the match live from the ground. The fans were filled with energy to chant for their favourite teams and stars and were spotted with cool posters.
Earlier, the final of the 1992 World Cup between England and Pakistan witnessed the most number of spectators in the stadium, 87,812 at Melbourne Cricket ground. The figure was yet the highest until the IPL 2022 ground became the fans’ giant centre.
As far as RR vs GT is concerned, the pink team fell short of runs, adding only 130 on the board with the loss of 9 wickets. Their bowling line-up could have defended the minnow target, but Pandya’s batters coped with it in 18.1 overs to win by seven wickets and sparing 11 balls.
IPL 2022 final: Pictures of the crowd
- Reviving Best of Shoaib Malik on his 41st Birthday
- EMI vs GUL Live Score, International League T20 2023 Live Score, EMI vs GUL Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- GZZ vs BBL Live Score, ECS T10 Malta Live Score, GZZ vs BBL Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- SA vs ENG Live Score, South Africa vs England ODI Live Score, SA vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Zalmi appoints Kamran Akmal as head coach