The International Cricket Council (ICC) is planning to organize the final of the ICC World Test Championship 2021-23 at the home of cricket, Lord’s Cricket Stadium, in Summer 2023. According to reliable reports, the global body is looking for a viable option to host the match as COVID restrictions have been isolated in the UK.
ICC chairman Greg Barclay, in his recent conversations, has hinted to host the Test Championship 2021-23 final at the Lord’s ground. Meanwhile, the official decision is to be revealed in the Annual General Meeting scheduled for July 2023.
Greg, talking on BBC’s Test Match Special at tea on the second day of the first Test between England and New Zealand, said,
“I think it is scheduled for Lord’s, that was always the intention. It’s June so that rules out a number of other venues and we’ve got to get certainty around where it’s hosted. We’re out of COVID now so subject to arrangements being made and being able to be hosted out of Lord’s I think that’s the intention,”
It is pertinent to mention here that the final of the ICC Test Championship 2019-21 was moved to Southampton from Lord’s due to the COVID restrictions. In the match, Kane Williamson’s New Zealand thrashed away Virat Kohli’s India to become the inaugural World Test champions.
As far as the points table for the current Test Championship is concerned, Australia lead the table with 72 points followed by South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, New Zealand, West Indies, Bangladesh, and England respectively.
- SLG vs ETR Live Score, ECS T10 Gibraltar 2023 Live Score, SLG vs ETR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KWN vs DDD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, KWN vs DDD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PRE vs CT Live Score, SA T20 League 2023 Live Score, PRE vs CT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Decision on Asia Cup 2023 delayed
- Twitter trends as Shahid Afridi once again relive Boom Boom moments with bat