There have been multiple reports surrounding David Warner’s unavailability for the twelfth edition of his country’s very own Big Bash League (BBL 12). It is because Warner’s IPL-sponsored franchise in the UAE-based T20 tournament, ILT20, is looking to rope in its player.
Warner, who has served Delhi Capitals in the Indian Premier League, is in negotiation with Cricket Australia (CA) for the upcoming edition of BBL, clashing with IPL-backed ILT20. It must be noted many IPL franchises have invested in the UAE-based T20 league alongside buying the franchises. Notably, the DC team owns Dubai Capital in the UAE-based league.
If the recent reports are to be believed, the southpaw’s availability in ILT20 is now uncertain since the CA is looking to fit him in BBL 12 starting this December. However, his participation in the newly-launched competition looked confirmed following the IPL teams enforcing its players in ILT20.
Since ILT20 has announced lucrative contracts to lure the cricketers, CA is now looking to make even hefty deals, not willing to let go of its players for BBL. It was heard that Warner might make the double amount of BBL in the newly-launched league.
Warner was offered to play his first-ever BBL since 2013 after South Africa have withdrawn from an ODI series that was scheduled to take place in January 2023. Notably, he will reportedly be contracted by Sydney Thunder for BBL.
The fans still await an official post to see if their all-favourite all-rounder, David Warner, will be seen featuring in country’s BBL, or ditching it for IPL-owned ILT20.
- LNS vs MNR Live Score, The Hundred 2022 Live Score, LNS vs MNR Live Score Updates,
- FBL vs BER Live Score, ECS T10 Dresden 2022 Live Score, FBL vs BER Live Score Updates,
- WEF vs OVI Live Score, The Hundred 2022 Live Score, WEF vs OVI Live Score Updates,
- TRT vs BPH Live Score, The Hundred 2022 Live Score, TRT vs BPH Live Score Updates,
- BER vs BCA Live Score, ECS T10 Dresden 2022 Live Score, BER vs BCA Live Score Updates,