The Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) unveiled the India T20 World Cup squad yesterday and we are noticing diverse reactions from fans and former players.
Surprisingly, the terrific opener, Shikar Dhawan has been pulled out inducing Ishan Kishan, the young chap from the Mumbai Indians, to the crew. The selector of the team believes Ishan can open, hence, has been added to the squad.
On the other hand, leg spinner, Yuzvendra Chahal has been pulled out preferring R Chahar, despite the BCCI choosing five spinners. Notably, Chahal has been India’s best spinner for over a few years and also is the world’s best after Rashid Khan.
Another thing that has surprised the netizens is the comeback of Ravichandran Ashwin. The cricket-related officials feel happy for Ashwin’s return but brag Chahal, Dhawan, Shardul Thakur, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Chahar, Krunal Pandya, and Kuldeep Yadav’s exclusion from the India T20 World Cup squad. Notably, Iyer, Thakur, and Chahar have made it to the reserved players but not to the main 15-player squad.
Moreover, MS Dhoni has returned to the crew – not play this time but as a mentor. BCCI believes adding Dhoni to the squad will strengthen the chaps and can use his experience positively. Also, it will be India’s first-ever T20 World Cup without captain cool.
- PSL leading wicket-taker: How many wickets Hasan Ali needs to surpass Wahab Riaz?
- PSL leading run-scorer: How many runs Fakhar Zaman needs to overcome Babar Azam?
- Which is the second most-watched T20 league in the world?
- Pollard gets 4-day leave from PSL for Anant Ambani’s wedding
- Why no exhibition matches for women cricketers? Questions Bismah