MS Dhoni, the captain of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), has become the first cricketer to play 200 matches for his franchise in IPL and Champions League T20 events as he stands versus Punjab Kings (PBKS) tonight.
Dhoni is the part of the CSK since 2008. Playing from the inaugural season, he barely has missed the match that might have been followed by an injury or other blowouts. Otherwise, he is a regular part of the league since Day 1 as his leadership commences for the Daddies Army.
Standing in the eighth match of the Indian Premier League (IPL 2021), the record-breaking feat for India’s successful skipper came underway. He has featured in as many as 175 IPL matches for the Yellow Team and donned CSK’s jersey 24 times in the Champions League T20 events.
IPL 2021: MS Dhoni achieves a milestone
Dhoni has won three IPL titles for the CSK whereas he grasped two Champions League T20 trophies. It is surprising to mention that the skipper played his first match versus the Mohali-based franchise and his 200th game also comes versus the same team.
Overall, it’s Dhoni’s 206th game in the IPL as he played 30 games for Rising Pune SuperGiant in IPL 2016 and 2017.
Here is the explanation for his 206 appearances in IPL:
Hence, 30 (Rising Pune SuperGiant, IPL 2016-17)+175 (for CSK)+1 (IPL 2021: CSK vs PBKS current)= 206
IPL appearances: 206
Featuring CSK: 176/206
Featuring RPSG: 30/206
Champions League T20: 24
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket