The Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) was looking forward to adding two new IPL teams by IPL 2021 but the plan seems to be in jeopardy with only limited time remaining in the draft.
It was speculated that IPL 2021 will witness two new IPL teams but as the league is just a few months away following the conflicts with other franchise having no time to prepare for mega-auction in case the addition of the franchises takes place, the plan seems to be implemented by the next edition.
However, the final decision regarding the addition in the 2022 edition is to be taken on 24th December in the BCCI’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
IPL 2021 to go ahead with eight teams, two new teams to be added by IPL 2022
“The BCCI could call for the bids in February or March or April – whenever they think the time is right. The adding of new franchises say, stakeholders, will also add value to the 2021 ed ition once it becomes a talking point. That’s the line of thought as of now,”
“Two new franchises will obviously have their own share of value when the media rights tender comes along. Also, two more things: First, the central revenue pool for the 2021 season won’t be diluted, which means the franchises will be happy; Second, once again 60 matches will be held, which means lesser double-headers, so the broadcaster will be happy,” sources added
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket