- IPL auction to be held in Dubai’s Coca-Cola Arena on December 19, marking the first overseas location.
- BCCI extends the deadline for releasing the list of retained players to November 26.
- 10 IPL teams to operate under a salary cap of INR 100 crore in this final year of player contracts.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has officially declared Dubai as the host city for the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL 2024) auction. The highly anticipated event is scheduled to take place at the Coca-Cola Arena in the heart of the desert city on December 19.
Notably, this will mark a historic first for the IPL, as it’s the maiden occasion where the auction is conducted on foreign soil. Interestingly, the BCCI had initially contemplated holding last year’s auction in Istanbul, Turkey, but subsequently abandoned the idea.
In a recent communication addressed to all the IPL franchises, the BCCI has extended the deadline for the release of the list of retained players. Previously, the deadline was set for November 15, but it has now been moved to November 26, allowing teams more time to make critical decisions.
The 10 IPL teams participating in the forthcoming season will be operating under a strict salary cap of INR 100 crore. This season also marks the final year of the three-year contract for each player, setting the stage for a mega auction in the following year.
The choice of the Coca-Cola Arena as the auction venue has been meticulously considered. Renowned for hosting high-profile events, the bustling location in Dubai has played host to a myriad of concerts and sporting spectacles, making it a perfect backdrop for the IPL auction.
Despite the trade window being open for some time now, there has been a noticeable lack of activity. However, expectations are running high that teams will begin releasing underperforming and high-salaried players by the revised deadline of November 26. As the cricket world eagerly anticipates this groundbreaking auction in Dubai, the landscape of the IPL is poised for a remarkable transformation in the upcoming season.
???? JUST IN: The IPL player auction for the 2024 season will be held in Dubai on December 19
Also, November 26 has been set as the deadline for player retention and releases pic.twitter.com/hRVM1uN661
— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo) November 3, 2023
- CSG vs SVD Live Score, CBFS T20 League 2023 Live Score, CSG vs SVD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- NW vs MSA Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, NW vs MSA Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- CRD vs SOH Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, CRD vs SOH Live Score Updates,
- KS vs ALH Live Score, Kuwait T20 Elite Cup 2023 Live Score, KS vs ALH Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PHT vs AJH Live Score, CBFS T10 League 2023 Live Score, PHT vs AJH Dream11 Prediction, Lineup