The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has indirectly hinted at the end of Sarfaraz Ahmed’s career in its recent statement. While reacting with the fans, the chairman Mr Ramiz Raja narrated that although it is tough for the board to end Ahmed’s stint in the national fold, but he finds youngster Mohammad Haris as the better replacement.
Sarfaraz, the winner of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017, has many records to his name, alongside winning the u19 World Cup and making Pakistan World’s number one T20I team. After his dismal performances continued, he was sidelined from the squad, forgetting his past records.
Ahmed was sacked as a skipper, with Babar Azam replacing him in all formats, whereas his playing spot was replaced by Mohammad Rizwan. Rizwan, a like-for-like replacement for Sarfaraz, has proved himself as a better candidate than Sarfaraz lately, but Sarfaraz’s services can not be taken for granted.
Seeing potential in Haris, PCB has hinted that Sarfaraz’s career is already ended. The statement reads,
“It’s difficult to drop Sarfraz Ahmed due to his services for Pakistan but we are planning for the future, I know Muhammad Haris has talent and he will perform,”
The ex-Pakistani skipper is now seen playing in the national domestic arena. Despite being sacked from several posts, he has never been under the controversial panels. Recently, the forever-green captain was also included in the Grade-4 book of Urdu.
- SLG vs ETR Live Score, ECS T10 Gibraltar 2023 Live Score, SLG vs ETR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KWN vs DDD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, KWN vs DDD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PRE vs CT Live Score, SA T20 League 2023 Live Score, PRE vs CT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Decision on Asia Cup 2023 delayed
- Twitter trends as Shahid Afridi once again relive Boom Boom moments with bat