Islamabad United, under the leadership of Shadab Khan, have sent Wahab Riaz’s Peshawar Zalmi back home after handing over a defeat, successfully chasing a target of 170 runs.
The two teams battled in the PSL 7 Eliminator 1 on Tuesday. Islamabad, however, after a 5-wicket win sparing three balls, are not directly into the final but will encounter Lahore Qalandars in the Eliminator 2.
Multan Sultans, the first qualifiers of the PSL 7, who also became the first finalists of the season, will lock horns in the grand finale with the winners of Eliminator 2. Sultans are on the verge of defending their title.
United, following a series of injuries and big blows, lost their red hot form in Lahore’s leg. They were propelled into the qualifying round on Sultan’s victory over Quetta Gladiators alongside Zalmi.
In case, if United will win versus Qalandars in Eliminator 2, they will get a ticket to the final, which means, it will be their third final in seven years. They have gathered two trophies back in 2016 and 2018 which makes them the most successful team of the PSL.
As far as Peshawar are considered, they won PSL 2017, however, they have reached the grand finale in 2018, 2019, and 2021.
— PakistanSuperLeague (@thePSLt20) February 24, 2022
- Hafeez once committed ‘not to work’ with FIXERS, fans and experts ask him to resign
- Despite unwillingness, Wahab Riaz reverts his decision to work with Salman Butt
- PSL franchises are reportedly bribing players
- CB vs NW Live Score, Abu Dhabi T10 Live Score, CB vs NW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KBR vs PBR Live Score, TrinBago T10 Blast 2023 Live Score, KBR vs PBR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup