Two times PSL champions, Islamabad United have revealed Johan Botha as their new head coach after Misbah ul Haq has been bidden farewell by the red army.
The former South Africa cricketer was chosen for the vacant post on Friday as the news spread like a fire for PSL fans. Notably, Bothan had earlier worked with the franchise in PSL 2.
“Johan was part of our team back in 2017 and his subsequent success across the world in T20 leagues would not be a surprise to anyone who had seen him work back then,” Ali Naqvi, the owner of Islamabad United was quoted as saying.
“He provides the progressive understanding of T20 cricket that we pride ourselves on, and we are confident that he will do his utmost in achieving our shared goals,” he added.
Johan Botha: New head coach of Islamabad United for PSL 6
A day ago, the franchise parted ways with Misbah as his already expired contract as the head coach cannot be renewed. Also, Misbah has gotten some national duties to fulfill and an individual cannot work on dual-role according to the latest PCB policies.
Johan, who also earlier worked as the head coach of Multan Sultans in PSL 2018, is happy to return back to ISLU.
“It is the franchise where I got my first taste of the Pakistan Super League at PSL 2. Since then I have had different experiences at the PSL as well as a range of coaching stints at various tournaments around the world,” he said.
“My plan is to bring all these experiences together and hopefully create another memorable PSL for Islamabad United,” Botha aimed.
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket