Pakistani wicketkeeping batter Mohammad Rizwan has broken the former record of Umar Akmal in the ongoing T20 Vitality Blast. On his debut, the right-handed batter smashed an unbeaten 81 surpassing Umar to become the highest run-scorer from Pakistan in T20 Blast on debut.
Earlier, Umar scored 76 runs on his debut in the tournament back in 2015 representing Leicestershire. Rizwan, who is donning Sussex in his inaugural edition of the Vitality T20 Blast, broke the 7-year old record against Glamorgan on just 60 balls.
Sussex lost their opening match despite Mohammad Rizwan’s efforts
Rizwan put a solid start for Sussex. At the strike rate of 135, the batter contributed with three sixes and six fours. Since the rest of the batters collapsed, Rizwan had a major contribution in compiling 150 in the first inning. However, his effort went in vain since the club’s bowlers failed to defend the target.
Sussex innings was all about one man, Mohammad Rizwan 👊
— CricWick (@CricWick) May 26, 2022
As far as Rizwan’s international career is concerned, he made his international debut shortly after the World Cup 2015. Representing Pakistan in 22 Tests, 44 ODIs, and 56 T20Is, he has gathered 1112, 897, and 1662 runs respectively.
Discussing Umar, who no more is seen around the international panel following his tainted past, the wicketkeeping batter donned the green jersey in 16 Tests, 121 ODIs, and 84 T20Is. In his stellar career which had to be ended following the complaints, he could slam 1003, 3194, and 1690 runs sequentially with other massive records.
- SLG vs ETR Live Score, ECS T10 Gibraltar 2023 Live Score, SLG vs ETR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KWN vs DDD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, KWN vs DDD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PRE vs CT Live Score, SA T20 League 2023 Live Score, PRE vs CT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Decision on Asia Cup 2023 delayed
- Twitter trends as Shahid Afridi once again relive Boom Boom moments with bat