The former Pakistani cricketer Mohammad Sami has revealed that he bowled deliveries over 160 kph during his international career. The bowler said although he delivered the fastest balls at least twice, but they were not counted.
Is Mohammad Sami the world’s fastest bowler?
Opined, if what the bowler has disclosed is true, he would have been known as the fastest bowler today, surpassing Shoaib Akhtar’s record. Notably, Akhtar is the fastest bowler in the history of cricket. He bowled at a speed of 161.3 versus New Zealand in 2002.
Speaking in a video, Sami stated he bowled over 162 and 164 kph, however, he was later told that it was a technical error; hence, Sami’s fastest balls were not counted.
“I once bowled two deliveries that were both faster than 160 kph, at 162 and 164 respectively. However, I was then told that it was the fault of the machine (speed gun) and that the balls could not be counted,”
He further declared the bowlers who have bowled over 160 kph, have been able to bowl with that speed only once or twice in their life.
“If you look overall, whoever has bowled with a speed of more than 160, there have been just one or two balls in that speed,”
It must be noted Sami has represented Pakistan in 36 Tests, 87 ODIs, and 13 T20Is, picking 85, 121, and 21 wickets respectively.
- ALH vs DR Live Score, KCC T20 Elite Championship Live Score, ALH vs DR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- FM vs SVD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, FM vs SVD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- GZZ vs SWU Live Score, ECS T10 Malta Live Score, GZZ vs SWU Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Under Fire for Verbal Outburst in Quetta Gladiators Match
- How PSL shaped careers? PSL stars opened up