According to reports, Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma was unable to attend the pre-IPL captains’ meet and the customary photo shoot on March 30 due to illness. While representatives from all the other nine teams were present at the Narendra Modi Stadium and pictures were posted on the Indian Premier League’s official Twitter account, Rohit was notably absent.
It is not confirmed whether Rohit will miss any games due to his illness, but he is expected to play in the season opener against Royal Challengers Bangalore on April 2 at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. However, there have been rumors about him being rested for a few games due to workload management.
In Rohit’s absence, it is understood that Suryakumar Yadav will be the stand-in captain for Mumbai Indians. This news might be a big blow for the team since Rohit has been the captain of the franchise for over a decade and has led them to be the most successful team (in terms of trophies won) in the history of the tournament.
Rohit’s record in the Indian Premier League is impressive, having scored 5879 runs at an average of 30.30, including 40 half-centuries and a century. Along with his batting abilities, he has also been an exceptional leader for his team. With Jasprit Bumrah already unavailable, Rohit’s absence from the playing XI might prove to be challenging for the rather inexperienced batting lineup of the team.
- Hafeez once committed ‘not to work’ with FIXERS, fans and experts ask him to resign
- Despite unwillingness, Wahab Riaz reverts his decision to work with Salman Butt
- PSL franchises are reportedly bribing players
- CB vs NW Live Score, Abu Dhabi T10 Live Score, CB vs NW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KBR vs PBR Live Score, TrinBago T10 Blast 2023 Live Score, KBR vs PBR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup