After thrashing away Sri Lanka in the first game of the two-match Test series, Pakistan have climbed up to the third spot on the ICC World Test Championship 2021-23 rankings (WTC 23 rankings).
The record win in Galle have paced Pakistan’s chances to qualify for the WTC 23 final. Babar Azam and co now lead the series by 1-0, with the concluding match to kick-start on 24th July 2022 in Galle.
Notably, the men in green have a winning percentage of 58.33 and 56 points, which keeps them a spot ahead of the arch-rivals India, having a winning per cent of 52.08 with 75 points.
The top two in the list are South Africa and Australia, respectively, with 71.43 and 70 winning percentages sequentially. As far as Sri Lanka are concerned, they are sixth on the WTC 23 rankings table, maintaining a win per cent of 48.15.
Effect on Sri Lanka in terms of WTC 23 after Pak vs SL 1st Test
Things have not fallen in the hosts’ lap since the loss damages their chances to qualify for the WTC 23 final. They have dropped to three places. As a result of the Pak vs SL 1st Test, India and West Indies have also improved their places to fourth and fifth.
As far as the Pak vs SL 1st Test is concerned, the hopes almost died for the guests after Sri Lanka’s 2nd inning. The hosts led by 300+ runs, and Pakistan successfully chased in the final inning.
All smiles in the Pakistan camp 😊
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) July 20, 2022
- Reviving Best of Shoaib Malik on his 41st Birthday
- EMI vs GUL Live Score, International League T20 2023 Live Score, EMI vs GUL Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- GZZ vs BBL Live Score, ECS T10 Malta Live Score, GZZ vs BBL Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- SA vs ENG Live Score, South Africa vs England ODI Live Score, SA vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Zalmi appoints Kamran Akmal as head coach