The West Indies Cricket Team is due to arrive in Pakistan on June 5th for a three-match ODI series. The matches will be encountered at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on June 8th, 10th, and 12th. However, the current political situation in Pakistan is likely to affect the Pak vs WI series.
Imran Khan, the former Prime Minister of Pakistan has announced a long march toward Islamabad on May 25th. Due to this, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has also postponed the second phase of the ongoing conditioning camp at NHPC and the Pak vs WI series looks next in danger.
In regard, the PCB has also approached the federal government. Moreover, the board has earlier named Multan as the alternative venue in case the Pak vs WI series is affected. Notably, the ODIs are part of the last year’s cancelled series as the West Indies camp was affected by COVID.
The statement from one of the PCB officials reads as,
“Yes, the PCB has approached the federal government regarding the series against the West Indies scheduled to start on June 8 at the Pindi Stadium. Since it is the federal government that provides the entire security cover to all those associated with the series, including teams, officials, and other crew, we cannot move an inch without the federal government’s guidelines. Since it is a matter of national prestige, we will only follow the government in this respect,”
It is pertinent to mention here that PCB on May 23rd named a 16-player squad for the upcoming home series.
- SIN vs MAL Live Score, Malaysia tour of Singapore 2022 Live Score, SIN vs MAL Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BOG vs BGS Live Score, ECS T10 Milan 2022 Live Score, BOG vs BGS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PU vs BGS Live Score, ECS T10 Milan 2022 Live Score, PU vs BGS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BOG vs PU Live Score, ECS T10 Milan 2022 Live Score, BOG vs PU Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Ramiz Raja responds to Ahmed Shehzad’s criticism on PCB