Table of Contents
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is hopeful of hosting the International Cricket Council (ICC events) in the backyard’s stadiums soon as the CEO Wasim Khan is planning to bid for the events by the end of 2021.
Recently, international cricket has marked its return to the cricket-loving nation as Pakistan was once deprived of cricket after the Sri Lanka Bus attack back in 2009 outside Gadaffi stadium.
With the helping hands of the army, Wasim Khan, Ehsan Mani, Nadeem Khan, and many notable names from the board, the enthusiasts are once again able to watch their stars in their nation.
However, till yet, Pakistan is hosting the bilateral series, its own domestic cricket, and the entire editions of PSL but is planning to host the ICC events sooner.
Pakistan soon to host ICC events
Here are the statements from Wasim:
“By October-November this year, we will submit our application to bid ICC events between 2023-31. We have shown interest in seven to eight ICC events and for that, we need to work hard. We are focused and preparing our portfolio for a strong bid,” he said.
“Meanwhile, we are also working on Future Tours Program 2023-27 with ICC and fellow cricket boards,” he shared.
The bidding process is likely to take place in October 2021 and if chosen, the men in green’s nation will enjoy the hosting rights for events like ICC ODI and T20 World Cups, Champions Trophy.
The nation earlier had chances to host the World Cups 1987 and 1996 along with the Asia Cup 2008. Notably, the 1987 WC was hosted jointly by India, Pakistan.
- ‘Babar Azam was about to cry,’ Gurbaz rewinds World Cup 2023
- MNT vs IC Live Score, Legends League Cricket 2023 Live Score, MNT vs IC Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BAD vs BEN Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, BAD vs BEN Live Score Updates,
- CB vs BT Live Score, Abu Dhabi T10 League 2023 Live Score, CB vs BT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Naseem Shah hopeful for PSL 9 as rehabilitation ends