- idra Amin fined 10% of match fee for showing dissent during Pakistan’s women’s cricket match against Bangladesh.
- ICC imposes a demerit point on Sidra for her first offense in a 24-month period.
- Pakistan lead the ODI series 1-0, with the second match underway.
Pakistan women’s cricketer Sidra Amin has been fined 10 percent of her match fee for a breach of Level 1 of the ICC Code of Conduct during the first match of the ICC Women’s Championship series against Bangladesh in Dhaka. The incident occurred in the sixth over of Pakistan’s innings when Sidra expressed dissent after being given out leg before wicket.
The ICC, in a press release, stated that Sidra had violated Article 2.8 of the ICC Code of Conduct, which pertains to showing dissent at an umpire’s decision during an international match. As a result of this breach, one demerit point has been added to Sidra’s disciplinary record, marking her first offense within a 24-month period.
In a show of sportsmanship, Sidra accepted the sanction proposed by Neeyamur Rashid, a member of the ICC International Panel of Match Referees, thus obviating the need for a formal hearing. The charge against Sidra was leveled by on-field umpires Masudur Rahman and Morshed Ali Khan, with support from third umpire Muhammad Kamruzzaman and fourth umpire Sajedul Islam.
Level 1 breaches under the ICC Code of Conduct come with a range of penalties, including an official reprimand, a maximum fine of 50 percent of a player’s match fee, and one or two demerit points.
In terms of the ongoing ODI series, Pakistan are currently leading 1-0, having secured a five-wicket victory over the host team in the first match. The second ODI is underway, and at the time of writing, Bangladesh women have posted a total of 169/9 in their 50 overs, while Pakistan are at 101/5 in 35.3 overs, indicating a closely contested match.
- ‘Babar Azam was about to cry,’ Gurbaz rewinds World Cup 2023
- MNT vs IC Live Score, Legends League Cricket 2023 Live Score, MNT vs IC Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BAD vs BEN Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, BAD vs BEN Live Score Updates,
- CB vs BT Live Score, Abu Dhabi T10 League 2023 Live Score, CB vs BT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Naseem Shah hopeful for PSL 9 as rehabilitation ends