The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has banned Australian cricketer James Faulkner from participating in the further editions of the Pakistan Super League (PSL). The decision has been taken after Faulkner issued false accusations towards the board concerning ill-treatment, not issuing the payments, depicted abusive and violent behaviour with security, and breaking the hotel’s property.
Faulkner took it to Twitter and mentioned he will not be playing the last two matches of the PSL 2022 after PCB has denied issuing his payments. It must be noted that such a case has arrived for the very first time in the history of PSL. Amidst the thousands of international cricketers participating in the league, no such complaint ever popped up. PSL is a top-notch brand today with no injustice with a single body.
The board has termed Faulkner’s statement as false. According to the rules, 70% of the payment to each player is transferred before or during the tournament. The Australian cricketer’s agent issued UK-based bank credentials and the player’s 70% payment, as promised, was transferred.
However, in the current month, Faulkner demanded the twice salary in another account, which violates the code of conduct. People term this act as ‘greediness’.
The PCB, whilst opening up on the matter, has finally issued a detailed statement in regards.
- In December 2021, Mr. James Faulkner’s agent confirmed the United Kingdom bank details to which his fee payments should be transferred. This was noted for action.
- In January 2022, for reasons best known to Mr. Faulkner, his agent sent revised banking details of Mr. Faulkner’s onshore account in Australia. However, the contracted 70 percent of Mr. Faulkner’s fee payment was transferred to his offshore UK bank account. The receipt of this payment was acknowledged by Mr. Faulkner.
- Accordingly, payments due to Mr. Faulkner as per his contract are fully up to date.
- The remaining 30 percent of his contractual payment only becomes due 40 days after the completion of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2022, which now remains a matter to be reviewed in line with his contract.
- In spite of the money being transferred and received in his account, Mr. Faulkner continued to insist that a second duplicate payment of the same amount be made to his account in Australia. This meant Mr. Faulkner would have been paid twice.
In protest, Faulkner denied playing Gladiators’ yesterday game versus Multan Sultans. The official statements further read:
- He further threatened and refused to participate in his side’s match against Multan Sultans on Friday afternoon until his money demands were met.
It must be noted the player himself demanded travel arrangements. He was sent back home earlier today and broke the hotel’s property. Faulkner was asked for a penalty on check-out after throwing his helmet and bat at the chandelier. ESPN Cricinfo also has confirmed the incident. Also, the ex-PSL cricketer misbehaved with the security staff.
- The PCB, as a responsible organization, engaged with Mr. Faulkner early Friday afternoon in an attempt to reason with him. Despite his reprehensible and insulting behaviour during the conversation, Mr. Faulkner was assured that all his grievances would be addressed. He refused to reconsider his decision to take the field in a crucial match for his side, let his team down and demanded that his travel arrangements be immediately made.
- During this time, the PCB was also in constant contact with his agent, who was regretful and apologetic.
- Prior to his departure on Saturday morning, Mr. Faulkner caused deliberate damage to the hotel property and as a result, had to pay damages to the hotel management. The PCB later also received reports and complaints from the immigration authorities that Mr. Faulkner had acted inappropriately and abusively at the airport.
The board concluded the clarification by narrating:
“In wake of the above, and taking serious note of Mr. James Faulkner’s gross misconduct that was an attempt to bring the PCB, Pakistan cricket and the HBL Pakistan Super League into disrepute, it has been unanimously agreed by the PCB and the franchises that Mr. James Faulkner will not be drafted in future HBL Pakistan Super League events.”
It must be noted that the player earlier pulled himself out of Hobart Hurricanes, a Big Bash League (BBL) franchise, in order to earn extra dollars from the T10 league.
- KS vs AEC Live Score, Kuwait T20 Elite Cup 2023 Live Score, KS vs AEC Live Score Updates
- SSS vs CRD Live Score, Nature Isle T10 2023 Live Score, SSS vs CRD Live Score Updates
- BAD vs PIC Live Score, ECS T10 Spain 2023 Live Score, BAD vs PIC Live Score Updates
- ABB vs KW Live Score, Pakistan T20 Cup 2023 Live Score, ABB vs KW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- CJG vs PIC Live Score, ECS T10 Spain 2023 Live Score, CJG vs PIC Live Score Updates