The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has turned down NOC requests of multiple cricketers to bound them to the country’s National T20 Cup instead of playing in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL 2022). However, Imad Wasim is allowed to take part in the CPL. Apart from being declined from the national fold, Imad will not be seen in the domestic circuit as NT20 starts soon.
According to sources, Azam Khan and Qasim Akram have been declined NOCs to participate in NT20 in place of playing a foreign T20 league, the CPL. If the reports circulating are true, PCB finds its cricketers the future assets of Pakistan Cricket. Hence, wants them to participate in the country’s contest rather than the CPL. Fans worry if Imad is no more on PCB’s future plans since he has been away from consideration for a long.
The PCB statements as revealed by a local source are:
“Players who are in PCB plans have been advised to play in the National T20 Cup, which is a qualification for selection in the national side. The PCB has made its mind that playing and performing in CPL or any other league will not be a criterion to earn selection in the Pakistan side,”
“Players under consideration for future plans are expected to play in the National T20 Cup to stake a claim in the national side,”
The 2022 edition of the CPL kick starts on 1st September 2022. Azam was signed by Barbados Royals, whereas Qasim was picked by St Kitts & Nevis Patriots. However, they will now feature for their respective regions in NT20, starting from August 30th.
- ALH vs DR Live Score, KCC T20 Elite Championship Live Score, ALH vs DR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- FM vs SVD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, FM vs SVD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- GZZ vs SWU Live Score, ECS T10 Malta Live Score, GZZ vs SWU Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Under Fire for Verbal Outburst in Quetta Gladiators Match
- How PSL shaped careers? PSL stars opened up