- Moin Khan criticizes PCB’s medical panel for mishandling Naseem Shah’s injury.
- Naseem Shah’s shoulder injury rules him out of the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup and potentially other key events.
- Pakistan seeks a World Cup semi-final spot as they face New Zealand, despite setbacks.
Former Pakistan captain Moin Khan has placed the blame squarely on the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) medical panel and physiotherapist for the mismanagement of fast bowler Naseem Shah’s prolonged injury. Naseem, a promising 20-year-old fast bowler, sustained a shoulder injury during the Asia Cup, which has subsequently ruled him out of the ongoing 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup.
This injury is expected to have far-reaching consequences, as Naseem Shah may also miss Pakistan’s upcoming tour of Australia at the end of the year and the 2024 Pakistan Super League (PSL).
Moin Khan has highlighted a critical issue in the handling of Naseem’s injury. The young seamer had been complaining of discomfort for three to four months, yet instead of receiving proper attention and rest, he was consistently fielded in matches.
In Moin’s opinion, the responsibility for this situation lies squarely with the team’s medical panel and physiotherapist. He emphasized the need to take players’ injury concerns seriously and lamented the fact that the medical panel failed to do so, creating a recipe for disaster.
“Naseem’s injury is a disaster of Pakistan’s team medical panel and physiotherapist. He has been constantly complaining that he is having problems for three to four months yet they were continuously playing him,” he told Cricket Pakistan.
“A player would always wish to not get dropped but when he is telling you about his injury, you have to take it very seriously. The medical panel didn’t take it seriously. This was a recipe for disaster.”
Despite facing these challenges, Pakistan’s World Cup journey has seen its share of ups and downs. While they lost to India, Australia, Afghanistan, and South Africa, they managed to end their four-game losing streak with a convincing victory over Bangladesh.
As Pakistan remains in the race to qualify for the World Cup semi-finals, they will be aiming for a decisive win in their upcoming match against New Zealand on November 4 in Bengaluru.
- CSG vs SVD Live Score, CBFS T20 League 2023 Live Score, CSG vs SVD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- NW vs MSA Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, NW vs MSA Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- CRD vs SOH Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, CRD vs SOH Live Score Updates,
- KS vs ALH Live Score, Kuwait T20 Elite Cup 2023 Live Score, KS vs ALH Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PHT vs AJH Live Score, CBFS T10 League 2023 Live Score, PHT vs AJH Dream11 Prediction, Lineup