The sixth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) is on its way as the preparations continue to hold the PSL 6 draft on 10th January. A long list of well-known international cricketers involves the names of Chris Gayle, Rashid Khan, Dawid Malan, Dale Steyn, and many more.
The 25-members list for the platinum category issued in the press release by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) comprises the players from West Indies, South Africa, England, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nepal, and Australia.
However, many of them are to miss the half league due to international commitments. The players are obliged to quit PSL 6 as the upcoming ICC FTP including Afghanistan series with Zimbabwe, the Bangladesh series with New Zealand, the Sri Lanka series with West Indies, and England series with India will exclude many big names from Pakistan’s T20 league.
According to the sources, more than 400 overseas international players have registered them for the upcoming PSL as only the platinum category involves 25 players. Around 90 Caribbean players, 80 from England, 40 from Sri Lanka, 30 from South Africa and Afghanistan, 20 from Bangladesh, 14 from Australia, and 8 from New Zealand have enlisted themselves.
PSL 2021: Many overseas players to miss half league
Players like Pollard and Ronchi will be missing the entire season amidst the international duties for the future cricket programs of their respective countries.
However, according to the CEO PCB, the league is tentative to be started by 20th February and the official schedule is yet to be released.
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket