Match 28 of the Pakistan Super League (PSL 7) saw Quetta Gladiators clinch the win they wanted to so badly but they didn’t win it the way they intended to. To improve the current Net Run Rate NRR, the men in purple needed to score a huge score and bowl out the opposition with 80, 90, runs remaining but neither of the two happened.
Sarfaraz’s team won the toss and chose to bat. Jason Roy and James Vince carried the initial onslaught. But after Vince’s departure, it was only Roy who was responsible for putting up runs with little effort from others. The team put 166 on the board, with a major contribution from Jason’s 82, for Karachi Kings and in the typical Karachi style, they failed to achieve it.
Quetta Gladiators relying on Jason Roy once again:
— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) February 20, 2022
Valiant efforts from the Quetta bowlers restricted Karachi Kings to 143. Until Babar and Clarke were present on the pitch, things were going in the right direction for the Kings. As soon as their wickets fell, the team came crumbling down. Khurram Shehzad from the opposition bowled four men of Karachi to help his team achieve victory.
Not the record they wanted, but Babar’s team, with this loss, has created a unique record of losing nine matches in PSL history. No other team has achieved this milestone. Karachi Kings are done and dusted with the tournament and will not play any more matches. Quetta Gladiators on the other hand will be hoping Multan Sultans beat team Islamabad United with a margin with which they defeated their franchise, otherwise, they will be eliminated from the tournament.
- BT vs NYS Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, BT vs NYS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- MIS vs KBR Live Score, Trinbago T10 Blast 2023 Live Score, MIS vs KBR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- SPH vs BAD Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, SPH vs BAD Live Score Updates,
- TAD vs CB Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, TAD vs CB Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BAD vs CRD Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, BAD vs CRD Live Score Updates,