Quetta Gladiators’ poor performance in the eighth season of Pakistan Super League (PSL) has put their captain, Sarfaraz Ahmed, under scrutiny. However, it appears that both the team and their skipper are avoiding tough questions from the media.
After each match, a representative from each team is expected to attend a post-match media talk to answer questions about the game. The Gladiators have skipped two of these press conferences out of their seven matches so far.
Sarfaraz attended the post-match conference only once, following their sole win of the season against Karachi Kings on February 18. The bowling coach, Umar Gul, who is known for being cautious with his statements, has been sent twice in Sarfaraz’s place. Meanwhile, Naveen ul Haq and Mohammad Hasnain have appeared for the other two press conferences.
In contrast, Peshawar Zalmi skipper, Babar Azam, faced the Karachi media after their loss to Islamabad United on February 23, despite knowing that they are not always friendly to the Pakistan captain.
Sarfaraz often appears gloomy in the obligatory post-match interviews for captains. It remains to be seen how long Quetta Gladiators’ management can avoid the media as they are on the brink of elimination from the tournament.
Sarfaraz Ahmed attended the post-match conference only when his team won their solitary game of the season
On the contrary, Babar Azam faced Karachi media, who is not always friendly to the Pakistan captain, after their loss to United #HBLPSL8 pic.twitter.com/Wr5s8x0oGC
— The Cricketer (@TheCricketerWeb) March 6, 2023
- BAD vs PIC Live Score, ECS T10 Spain 2023 Live Score, BAD vs PIC Live Score Updates
- ABB vs KW Live Score, Pakistan T20 Cup 2023 Live Score, ABB vs KW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- CJG vs PIC Live Score, ECS T10 Spain 2023 Live Score, CJG vs PIC Live Score Updates
- IN-W vs EN-W Live Score, England Women tour of India Live Score, IN-W vs EN-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Arbab Niaz Stadium once again excluded from hosting PSL