Who is Shahnawaz Dhani? The young man who is representing Multan Sultans for this season of Pakistan Super League (PSL)?
The young man, who has got express pace and has been a little bit compared with the aggressive style of former fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar, has been praised by many fans and experts.
Born in a village near Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan, his late father was against his desire to become a cricketer, preferring for him the career of a government official, and this is the reason why he completed his education, earning a BComm degree, before starting professional cricket.
Shahnawaz Dhani had one of the most memorable debuts in Pakistan Super League (PSL) history as he stepped onto the field for Multan Sultans in their match against Peshawar Zalmi. He had the figures of 2-44, but before he ended up with poor figures, he was bowling brilliantly.
Dhani’s father sadly passed away a few years ago. His elder brother pushed him to pursue his passion for cricket.
“One day, an official of Larkana Regional Cricket came to the village and invited me to go to Larkana U-19 trials after seeing my bowling. When I gave trials, I did not have the shoes and socks were given to me by my friend. I had not played hardball cricket till then, but I overcame the problems and played in the inter-district tournament,” Dhani said.Advertisement
Shahnawaz Dhani said that before this season, no one in his village knew about PSL or cricket, but now the entire village is happy.
Has the Multan quick impressed you with his bowling?
Read More: A Complete History of Umar Akmal bans
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket