Table of Contents
- Shoaib Malik prioritizes a return to international cricket, opting out of Abu Dhabi T10 league to play in Pakistan’s National T20 Cup.
- Asif Ali replaces Malik in T10 league as the veteran all-rounder aims for a comeback in the T20 World Cup 2024.
- Malik’s decision underscores his commitment to showcasing form in domestic cricket for a spot in Pakistan’s national squad.
Pakistani cricket veteran Shoaib Malik has made a strategic decision to prioritize his return to the international stage by opting out of his Abu Dhabi T10 league contract to participate in the National T20 Cup. The experienced all-rounder was initially slated to represent the New York Strikers in the T10 league but has redirected his focus towards domestic cricket in a bid to rekindle his presence in the national squad.
With the National T20 Cup scheduled to kick off on November 24, Malik’s decision to participate in this prestigious tournament signals his determination to make a comeback on the international scene. Notably, Asif Ali, a middle-order batsman for Pakistan, has stepped in to replace Malik in the T10 league, showcasing the dynamic nature of team compositions and individual player strategies.
Shoaib Malik’s stats
Shoaib Malik, a seasoned cricketer with an illustrious career, last represented Pakistan in 2021 against Bangladesh. His international career spans across Test, One Day Internationals (ODIs), and T20 formats, amassing impressive statistics. Notable highlights include his contributions in Tests with three centuries and eight half-centuries, while in ODIs, he boasts nine centuries and 44 half-centuries. Malik’s T20 international record includes 196 boundaries and 69 sixes.
With a Test average of 35.14 and three centuries, Malik has been a reliable contributor in the longer format. In ODIs, he has notched up 7534 runs at an average of 34.55, accompanied by nine centuries, showcasing his prowess in the 50-over format. Additionally, his T20 international record is noteworthy, with 2435 runs at an average of 31.21.
On the bowling front, Malik’s versatility shines through, especially in ODIs, where he has taken 158 wickets at an average of 39.18. His knack for picking up crucial wickets makes him a valuable asset in limited-overs cricket. With a rich history in international cricket, Shoaib Malik’s comprehensive stats underscore his multifaceted contributions as both a batsman and a bowler across diverse formats over the years.
The decision to forgo T10 league commitments aligns with Malik’s larger goal of securing a spot in Pakistan’s squad for the T20 World Cup in 2024, set to take place in the UAE and the West Indies from June 4. As the seasoned all-rounder navigates his return to the international arena, his performance in the upcoming National T20 Cup will undoubtedly be closely watched by fans and selectors alike.
- ‘Babar Azam was about to cry,’ Gurbaz rewinds World Cup 2023
- MNT vs IC Live Score, Legends League Cricket 2023 Live Score, MNT vs IC Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BAD vs BEN Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, BAD vs BEN Live Score Updates,
- CB vs BT Live Score, Abu Dhabi T10 League 2023 Live Score, CB vs BT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Naseem Shah hopeful for PSL 9 as rehabilitation ends