Temba Bavuma, South Africa limited-overs skipper has been ruled out of the on going ODI series in Sri Lanka. Proteas’s first-ever black captain suffered a thumb fracture during the first ODI on Thursday leaving his team captain-less.
In replacement, Cricket South Africa (CSA) has named Keshav Maharaj to command Proteas in the second and third encounters of the three-match ODI series.
Bavuma suffered a huge blow during the game’s 26th over whilst pushing the ball to the mid-wicket to avoid the fielder’s throw. It took his glove off immediately plucking out some blood and swelling.
Despite that hurt, he continued batting but could not take charge of the spot for long. The 31-year old is currently under the scans and will get back to the field after getting specialists’ green signals.
At that point, SA were in a good flow owning a 106-run stand at the second wicket. The skipper retired hurt after contributing with 38 runs coming off 58 balls whilst chasing 301 runs vs the Dasun Shanaka-led side.
Eventually, the visitors fell short of 14 runs with Markram’s 96 going to vain.
Now, the two teams will battle in the second ODI on Saturday with the concluding game programmed for Tuesday. The three-match T20I series will initiate afterward and the skipper for that will later be revealed by the selection panel.
Here is the video:
- Australia tour of Pakistan: What thing David Warner enjoyed the most?
- Pak W vs SL W: Pakistan thrash away Sri Lanka to win 3-match T20I series
- PCB Conditioning camp to resume on May 29
- SMI vs MAR Live Score, ECS Sweden, Stockholm, 2022 Live Score, SMI vs MAR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- STT vs UME Live Score, ECS Sweden, Stockholm, 2022 Live Score, STT vs UME Dream11 Prediction, Lineup