After Misbah ul Haq has stepped down from his head coach post of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), the board is hunting for someone potent to fulfil the vacancy.
According to reports, the board might opt for Saqlain Mushtaq, who has been sharing his experience with the lads in National High-Performance Center (NHPC) and is the current interim coach, as PCB head coach.
However, it is yet to be confirmed yet if Mushtaq will take over Misbah’s duties for the T20 World Cup ‘only’ or for a years-long contract. Most of the reports suggest his appointment for the mega event only.
The confirmed decision will be taken in a day or two but he looks like a strong candidate to occupy the post. Moreover, this is not the only decision that PCB will announce in a day or two but there may be blowing news popping up at once.
Notably, Pakistan Cricket Team’s head coach position was not the only vacant as Waqar Younis, the bowling coach left his role alongside Misbah. Younis Khan, who was booked as a batting coach, stepped down even earlier from his post due to conflicts.
As Ramiz Raja has taken over Ehsan Mani’s regime as PCB chairman, he announced Matthew Hayden and Vernon Philander as consultant coaches for the T20 World Cup. However, the head coach spot was left unfilled.
- KET vs SOM Live Score, English T20 Blast 2022 Live Score, KET vs SOM Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- YOR vs WOR Live Score, English T20 Blast 2022 Live Score, YOR vs WOR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Pakistan current political situation put Pak vs WI series in danger
- Pakistan Women Cricketers need opportunities to get better, says Babar Azam
- Umar Gul officially appointed Afghanistan’s bowling coach