With the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 being a few days far, the teams are progressing with squads announcement. So far, nine of the twelve Super 12 contestants have unveiled their T20 World Cup squads and South Africa is one of them.
On screening their squad, Cricket South Africa (CSA) has excluded Faf Du Plessis, Imran Tahir, and Chris Morris. The trio was much anticipated by the Proteas cricket fraternity.
Du Plessis, who retired from Test cricket recently, was looking after the upcoming World Cup to play and bid farewell to white-ball cricket. However, he may now wait for another ICC event to participate in as despite being white-ball cricket’s part, he has not been named in South Africa Wt20 squad.
The batter played his last white-ball encounter in 2020 and has not been near the team since then. Similarly, Imran Tahir, who retired from ODIs latterly but was available for the T20Is, made playing World Cup one of his goals – but he has not been named among the crew either.
Also, the terrific all-rounder, Chris Morris, who lastly played World Cup 2019, has been sidelined from the Proteas Wt20 squad.
South Africa squad: Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Wiaan Mulder, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Radaba, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen Reserves: George Linde, Andile Phehlukwayo, Lizaad Williams
- INM vs ASL Live Score, Legends League Cricket 2022 Live Score, INM vs ASL Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- What is Legends League Cricket?
- England batting coach Graham Thorpe likely to be sacked
- FIG vs STA Live Score, Baroda T20 Challenge 2022 Live Score, FIG vs STA Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- TIT vs GLA Live Score, Baroda T20 Challenge 2022 Live Score, TIT vs GLA Dream11 Prediction, Lineup