The inaugural edition of ‘The Hundred’ is all set to take place this summer as July will be welcoming the hundred-ball tournament within England and Wales.
The tournament was planned in September 2016 but as most of the England Cricket Board’s parties disagree and the initiation received only 3 votes, the ECB called off the tournament temporarily.
Later, with the broader and innovative prospect, the cricket-related authorities of the ECB agreed on commencing ‘The Hundred’ as it was elected to be implemented in 2020.
A hundred-ball tournament, not an ordinary T20 league:
2020, the year that brought disgrace to the cricket world or in fact to every sporting scenario, could not hold the newly established T20 tournament. In short, it originated as a T20 tournament but committees suggested to begin it as a hundred-bowl tournament as per the name. Hence, it was decided to kick off the tournament by July 2022.
How ‘The Hundred’ differs from other T20 tournaments?
This is not going to be an ordinary T20 league but a few of the rules differ comparatively as the name denotes ‘The Hundred’. According to reliable reports, the ‘wickets’ will be described as ‘outs’. In short, we would not be saying Team A goes with 50 runs for 2 wickets instead it will sound as Team A goes with 50 runs for 2 outs.
Format of the hundred:
Here are some of the rules of The Hundred that differ from the regular leagues:
- A single match will be comprising 100 balls
- No traditional 6 balls per over system will be followed
- Each over will be of 10 balls
- The bowler will deliver 5 or 10 consecutive balls
- Each bowler can deliver 20 balls per game
- Only 5 or 10 consecutive balls can be delivered by a bowler
- The powerplay will be of 25 balls for each team
- Teams are able to call the time-outs as in IPL since 2009
- The rest of the rules remain the same as other leagues
Notably, the city-based tournament will be winded up in 38 summer holidays from July to September. Each team will be playing four teams at home ground whereas, four will be played away from the home.
The top team will directly proceed to the final whereas, the second and the third team will feature in a semi-final before getting a ticket towards the final.
The format of The Hundred:
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket