England’s terrific batsman Jason Roy has decided not to take part in the 15th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL 2022) following his bio-bubble fatigue. Roy, whilst informing his franchise Gujarat Titans, said he will not be able to render his services in the upcoming season.
The right-handed batter was bought by Titans, one of the two new IPL franchises, for INR 2 Crore. This is not the first time England’s cricketer has pulled himself out of the extravaganza. In IPL 2020, he was bought by Delhi Capitals for INR 1.5 Crore, but he chose not to play.
Jason Roy pull out of IPL 2022 due to Bio-Bubble fatigue. (Reported by Espncricinfo).
— Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) February 28, 2022
It must be noted that IPL 2022 is going to be a 10-team affair following the addition of two new teams; Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans. A total of 70 matches, alongside the playoffs and a final, will be played at Maharashtra’s stadiums. The extravaganza is set to kick-start on 26th March, a day before it was expected to begin. The 15th grand finale will be played on 29th May. The opener will take place between the title defenders Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders.
As far as Roy’s last appearance is concerned, he played in the recently coiled-up Pakistan Super League (PSL 2022) and gathered 303 runs in six matches averaging 50.50. While talking about Roy in IPL, he has so far played 13 games totalling 329 runs at an average of 29.91.
- Hafeez once committed ‘not to work’ with FIXERS, fans and experts ask him to resign
- Despite unwillingness, Wahab Riaz reverts his decision to work with Salman Butt
- PSL franchises are reportedly bribing players
- CB vs NW Live Score, Abu Dhabi T10 Live Score, CB vs NW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KBR vs PBR Live Score, TrinBago T10 Blast 2023 Live Score, KBR vs PBR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup