Victorious India’s captain of U19 World Cup 2021, Unmukt Chand has on-screened his decision to retire from Indian cricket after being discouraged from getting no assistance from the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI).
To continue his passion and earn bread and butter, Chand has decided to travel to the United Kingdom (UK). He is not the only out-of-favored South Asian player to quit the national cricket but many disheartened players have done so preferring to travel the UK to continue their cricketing careers.
The 28-year-old was often compared with India’s skipper, Virat Kohli but as the form faded away, he failed to get a chance on the national side. Many cricket figures criticize devalued Indian domestic cricket circuit for losing such stars.
Discouraged India’s Unmukt Chand travels to the US for cricket
The batter has been signed by the Silicon Valley Strikers. He was due to make his debut for the crew on Saturday versus the Social Lashings in California, Morgan Hill clashing the third weekend of Toyota Minor League Cricket Championship.
Unmukt, bidding farewell to the motherland added that,
“Things have not been as smooth in the last few years and opportunities have been denied”.
“Though a part of me is not at peace with the way things unfolded… I still choose to see the silver lining and with fond memories bid adieu to the (Indian cricket board) BCCI and seek better opportunities around the world.”
- NIG vs SLE Live Score, Sierra Leone tour of Nigeria Live Score, NIG vs SLE Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BH-W vs PS-W Live Score, WBBL Live Score, BH-W vs PS-W Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- AM vs BD Live Score, Afghanistan One Day Tournament Live Score, AM vs BD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- T20 World Cup: India’s heroics in first warm up match
- Ramiz Raja opens up on reviving India Pakistan Cricket