West Indies’ great, Chris Gayle, known as the Universe Boss in the cricket world, smashed a 9-ball 15 versus Australia in the teams’ recent T20 World Cup 2021 match. The inning was likely to be his last in the national fold as he walked back to the pavilion with a raised bat and a standing ovation from the teammates.
Gayle slammed two sixes to the Aussie speedster, Pat Cummins, and was targetted on the next ball and walked away with a gesture like it was his last international inning.
Although, he has not announced his retirement yet but is unlikely to play for the West Indies from now onwards, who have failed to defend their title this season. Not only failing to defend but the men in maroon’s horrible showcase throughout the tournament , has dragged them out of it.
The Jamaican cricketer first became the part of the national team in 1999. He has played 103 Tests, 301 ODIs, and 78 T20Is gathering 7214, 10480, and 1884 runs respectively.
Meanwhile, Dwayne Bravo has confirmed hanging his international cricket boots after this World Cup. People, however, understand that two West Indies’ greats have retired but an official statement regarding Gayle’s career is yet to be made.
Moreover, the skipper, Kieron Pollard has no plan of retirement yet and will continue to serve the realm.
- Remember Dawid Murray? He is no more
- This English cricketer is likely to miss Pakistan vs England 1st Test
- RAS vs RIW Live Score, ECS T10 Barcelona 2022 Live Score, RAS vs RIW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- FTH vs HAW Live Score, ECS T10 Barcelona 2022 Live Score, FTH vs HAW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PCB gives a shut-up call to BCCI